I would like to finish this story of the table as far as I can before I move on to other topics and discussions.
In the last post, I did the bulk of the creation of the joints between the legs and the apron. Since then, I took them all apart, put a couple of coats of finish on them and it is now to make the rest of the leg assembly.
So, put it all together again, and add a few critical elements. Firstly, I drilled a hole through the corner braces and into the inside corner of each leg. Them I put a 5/16″ x 3-1/2″ lag screw into the hole to tighten up the whole assembly. and finally screwed some cleats into the inside face of the apron with two stretchers across at the 1/3 points. With holes drilled in them I can now attache the table top to the leg assembly when I get the two parts together at my daughter’s home. I will take some photos of that stage when I get it done – hopefully before the Christmas holidays.
I hope this little deviation from the business of school was of some interest to you. For you Plans and Specs students, I’ll put on my thinking cap and see if I can make a post pertinent to your module……